Have you seen hot wax (encaustic) paintings and wondered if you’d like to try it, but didn’t want to invest in all the materials until you were sure? You are in luck. Osprey Studio is now offering Encaustic workshops and supplying all the materials including the boards.
• INTRODUCTION TO ENCAUSTIC PAINTING
One-day workshop: 10-2 pm.
Instructors: Jude Lobe & Carol Engler
Location: Osprey Studio, Mebane, NC
Date: Saturday, July 23, 2016, 10-2pm.
Cost: $125 (Includes lunch, coffee/tea/wine)
All materials will be supplied including boards. At the end of the workshop you should have completed at least 2 works of art.
This workshop is designed to give one the basic information and techniques to get started creating in encaustics. In this workshop students will learn:
• Materials needed to begin working in encaustics.
• What type supports to use and how to prepare them.
• Creating colored wax from earth pigments.
• Embedding objects, fabric or paper into the painting.
• Fusing layers and learning heat control.
• Inscribing and making texture.
• Applying alcohol ink.
• Sources for supplies.
• 2-DAY ENCAUSTIC WORKSHOP & RETREAT
Instructors: Jude Lobe and Carol Engler
Location: Horseshoe Farm, Westfield, NC
Dates: Saturday & Sunday. Three sessions are set up. AUG 13/14, SEPT 17/18, & OCT 15/16
Cost: $300. (Includes overnight accommodations, Saturday lunch & dinner, Sunday breakfast and lunch)
Spend the night in the cabin on-site. Limited to 5 persons.
All materials will be supplied. At the end of the workshop you should have completed at least 3 works of art.
Come spend the weekend in a beautiful venue to rejuvenate and learn encaustic painting. Spend free time hiking trails in the woods along the river and lake, cooling off in the swimming pool, and relaxing at night in the hot tub with a glass of wine.
We will have 3 sessions on Saturday with breaks for lunch and dinner. On Sunday we will begin with breakfast then have a session. There will also be some free time that you can work on your encaustics. After breaking for lunch, participants will have the afternoon to work on their own or enjoy the surroundings or both. If you want to hike on Sunday, a lunch bag with sandwich and drink will be prepared for you.
What will be covered
• Materials needed to begin working in encaustics
• What type supports to use and how to prepare them
• Creating colored wax from earth pigments
• Embedding objects, fabric or paper into the painting
• Fusing layers and learning heat control
• Inscribing and making texture
• Applying alcohol ink
• Sources for supplies
To sign up or see more information: CLICK HERE